Each 5ml contain :
Cefpodoxime 50 mg/5ml
- Acute otitis media
- Pharyngitis and/or tonsillitis caused by Streptococcus pyogenes.
- Community-acquired pneumonia caused by pneumoniae or H. Influenzae (including beta-lactamase-producing strains).
- Acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis
- Acute maxillary sinusitis
- Typhoid Fever.
- Uncomplicated urinary tract infections (cystitis)
- One to two capsules daily to be swallowed and not chewed, or as prescribed by the physician.
Concerns related to adverse effects:
- Beta-lactam allergy: Use with caution in patients with a history of beta-lactam allergy, especially IgE-mediated reactions (eg, anaphylaxis, angioedema, urticaria).
- Superinfection: Prolonged use may result in fungal or bacterial superinfection, including C. difficile-associated diarrhea (CDAD) and pseudomembranous colitis; CDAD has been observed >2 months postantibiotic treatment.
- Renal impairment: Use with caution in patients with renal impairment; modify dosage in severe impairment.