Each tablet contain :
Orlistat 120 mg
- Obesity management including weight loss and weight maintenance.
- 120 mg orally three times a day with each main meal containing fat. The dose may be taken during the meal or within 1 hour of completing the meal.
- Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to orlistat: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using orlistat and call your doctor at once if you have:
- severe stomach pain;
- severe pain in your lower back;
- blood in your urine, painful or difficult urination;
- signs of kidney problems including little or no urinating; swelling in your feet or ankles; feeling tired or short of breath; or
- signs of liver problems including nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, tired feeling, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Common orlistat side effects
Caused by its fat-blocking action. These are signs that the medicine is working properly. These side effects are usually temporary and may lessen as you continue using this medicine:
- oily or fatty stools;
- oily spotting in your undergarments;
- orange or brown colored oil in your stool;
- gas and oily discharge;
- loose stools, or an urgent need to go to the bathroom, inability to control bowel movements;
- an increased number of bowel movements; or
- stomach pain, nausea, rectal pain.
A carton box containing 3 strips, each with 10 hard gelatin capsules